MINTS was founded in 2000 as a collaborative effort between church leaders and missionaries in Miami initially to reach what National Geographic called “the most international city in the world.” As MINTS began courses in other languages for the diverse Miami residents the work spread to other locations.
While MINTS is not a denominational seminary and has members and students from a wide variety of backgrounds, it does adhere to Reformed theology. The Westminster Confession of Faith serves as its main statement of faith. Students from all faith backgrounds are welcomed to study with MINTS and MINTS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities.
MINTS is a 501c3 educational ministry and is accredited financially by the Evangelical Counsel on Financial Accountability, ECFA. MINTS is authorized by the State of Florida’s Council for Independent Education, CIE, to grant religious degrees.
MINTS’ staff and support structure consists of the following individuals:
(Note: If you wish to contact any of these people, please do so through the MINTS main office and mention the individual in your message.)
- Dr. D. Greg Hauenstein President Operational Administrations
- Dr. Cornelius (Neal) Hegeman Academic VP
- Ms. Karen Jones Executive & Women’s Prison
- Craig Young MINTS Finance
- Dr. Julian Zugg International English Coordinator
- Dr. Eric Pennings International Dean
- Norlan DeGrod
- Robert Peters Online English
- Dr. Jaime Morales MINTS online Coordinator (Spanish)
- Dr. Larry Ruddell Educational Systems Designer
- Mr. S. Clement Webmaster, http://ekklesiaipm.com